Saturday, July 19, 2014

Strawberries - 4



I have a couple of pictures for you today of my strawberries. The first picture is of a plant that nearly got torn to shreds TWICE. Both times I considered just digging it up rather then waiting for it to die. Instead, I tried to group the soil around the roots (it had been lifted out a bit) and continued to water it with my other strawberry plant and somehow... it is sprouting a little flower that will turn into a strawberry. If it doe indeed produce a strawberry by the end of the season I will be amazed! 

The second image is of my fuller strawberry plant. It is up to about 9 strawberries (crazy right). And when I say strawberries I just mean blooms that flowered and wilted (or whatever the proper word is). This particular picture shows a flower right before blooming. I imagine in a day or two it will be a beautiful white strawberry flower but thought it looked so innocent and beautiful so I had to capture it.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment