Sunday, July 13, 2014

Romaine Lettuce - 1



Lettuce! Dun-dun! haha I had wanted to grow lettuce so badly and container gardening has made it possible! This little baby lettuce was transplanted (almost as difficult as the carrots but not quite... most of the transplanted ones survived) and they have done really well since. I'm so excited. It's a fearful thing doing a transplant. You just rush out every day to check and see if your plant has survived or not. Mine is so I'm exciting :D hehe 


Because I was afraid the transplants wouldn't make it (and because some wouldn't transplant) I planted some seeds as well. As you can see, the entire group of seeds I planted sprouted so I'll have some thinning to do just like with my carrots but that's okay... I have to learn eventually! What would be really cool is if I could save them somehow. Ah well. 


And here you can see my container filled with lettuce. :) Hopefully it's large enough. With this being my first time I know I'll make mistakes... but now I am confident that I will have at least one head of lettuce by the end of this. One delicious and nutritious head of organic romaine lettuce! Yum! 



No comments:

Post a Comment