Friday, July 11, 2014

Biking Along the Arkansas River

My family and I just moved up to this area of Colorado in February. There is so much of it we don't know and having grown up in a small area, I know just how many hidden places there are in towns like the one we live in now. While trying to figure out what part of the river we wanted to ride along yesterday, we came across this trail that is up on a mountain over looking the river. It is beautiful!

About 1.3 miles in, the tire on the kid's buggy blew and we had to stop and make the rather tiring ride back (riding a bike with a trailer that has a blown tire is not an easy feat... fortunately, my husband's bike was attached to it, not mine). We were able to replace the tire, get it all fixed and went back to the trail today.

We were determined to finish it! What we didn't know that the entire trail was only 2 miles long and we had already done over half of it... but none the less it was a fun ride.

In total, today we biked 4 miles which is great considering we haven't ridden bikes in at least a month. Life caught up to us and it fell to the way side. But here we are again, biking and working on health related things. It's fantastic.

The area is absolutely beautiful! Idk how often we'll do this bike ride since it is only 2 miles one way but I imagine we will do it another time or to. There was wildlife everywhere. Some of the butterflies we saw were HUGE too. It was incredible. 

On both bike rides down this trail we saw people kyacking and drifting down the river. It was kind of funny because when the tire blew my husband had to go a lot slower then me... so after I got a little ahead, I'd stop and wait for him. It was like a game of race with the guys in the little boats because I'd go flying past them and then stop so they'd pass me, so on and so forth :p 

Beautiful huh? 

My husband used his iphone to get a couple of panoramic photos. This one isn't so great... 

but I love how this one turns out. Imagine it without the curve and you'll have a pretty good idea of what our view was :p 

So yeah... there you have it. Our biking experience out on a trail that is, though short, very beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment