Thursday, July 10, 2014

Eggs in the Strawberries




Spider eggs. At least that is what I am 100% convinced they are. We found them in our strawberry plant shortly after finding a creepy looking spider in them. I never imagined the damn thingw ould start laying eggs in the soil! I mean, she even buried some of them. It was weird.

The first ones we found were directly on top. There were two. We took them out, destroyed them (yes, destroyed... the idea of baby spiders crawling all over my back porck was less then appealing to me lol). We then moved the mama spider to the large field outside out large yard. After finding even more of her eggs, maybe we should have offed her too.

I know, I know, that sounds horrible... but she looked so creepy! She was black and brown, fuzzy and had 6 or 8 circles lined up in 2 rows on her back. Creepy. And she laid EGGS in my STRAWBERRIES.

After finding as many of them as I did, I started to wonder if it was possible that they were a part of the soil... so I went and did an online search. I found images of what spider eggs look like inside the web sac they are typically in. They look identical to what I found. Then I researched what kind come in soil and sort of found something. Then I found a thread where people had found them too and shared pics... identical! And all agreed they were an egg of some sort and agreed... DESTROY!

:p

So we did. And will continue looking for more. The whole idea just gives me the heeby jeebies (The Grinch anyone?).

We now have a total of 6 flowers either bloomed and gone or starting to bloom on our little strawberry plant too. SIX! That's awesome. I can't wait until I can see actual tiny little strawberries pop off :p

No comments:

Post a Comment