Friday, April 10, 2015

Gardening - 2015

Last year, I didn't completely rock gardening. It isn't that I couldn't get anything to grow... because I did! It's just that by the time they started to grow it was late in the season and I didn't think there would be time for anything to actually produce, so I let it die off with the plans of doing it better next year (which is now - yay!).

I learned a lot last year. I learned that container gardening was the best option for what I wanted to do and where I lived. I learned about the fact that insects don't always magically show up and sometimes you have to hand pollinate... or you can do more to attract insects. I also learned that timing is very important.

That all has translated into what I hope will be a much more succesful garden this summer!

So far, I have my onion sets, garlic, jalapeno and a pot of three different flowers outside and growing in their containers. I have artichokes and more jalapenos germinating in baggies on my window seal and by the end of this month I'll have more flowers planted, the rest of my garden germinating or growing outside! I absolutely can't wait to see how this year goes :D

And, of course, I'll document it all with photos like I did last year :p

No comments:

Post a Comment